Downtown Bethesda has 17 strategically placed public garages and surface lots that put you within a short walking distance to your destination.The following areas of downtown Bethesda have ample parking available during evenings and weekends, and also have several long-term meters for a stay in downtown Bethesda that will be more than four hours:
- Auburn Avenue and Del Ray Avenue Garage
- Woodmont Avenue and Old Georgetown Road Garage
- Woodmont Avenue and Edgemoor Lane Garage
Garage Parking Rates:
- Cordell/St. Elmo garage, Waverly garage, Bethesda/Elm garage: $1.25/hour
- Woodmont/Old Georgetown garage, Capital Crescent garage, Woodmont/Rugby garage, Auburn/Del Ray garage, Cheltenham garage, Woodmont/Edgemoor garage : $1.00 hour
Parking is free in Montgomery County parking garages and surface lots on Saturdays, Sundays and County holidays.
The Woodmont Avenue/Old Georgetown Road Garage (entrance on Woodmont Avenue between Old Georgetown Road and Norfolk Avenue) is equipped with "Pay on Foot" pay stations and no longer has meters.